2016年10月22日土曜日

Tsunoshima reborn!

First thing I did when I got back home, make a fire :)
(日本語のエントリーはこちら

This is a furnace that I made from a rice can which used to hold over 100kg of rice.
The flat thing right next to the furnace is a lid which I made by the same piece of the can.

Last time when I made an English entry, I shared why I started this blog.
This time, I went back home since Sept. 29th to Oct. 6th to.... take back our land!

Yes, I told my mom that she herself had to start making a path if she wanted to make a way to go from where we stood, and I was really surprised she actually made one.
The pic below is around the fields my family has and has been abandoned for so long, and the red and purple lines are the way which used to serve passengers to go their fields once, and it's the way she actually broke through over 2 months.
(She has her own blogger site: http://tsunoshimareborn.blogspot.jp/: it's all in Japanese, but you can see how she is trying to open up the fields.)


The pic below is around the entrance of the way, and it's where I took her pictures walking along all the way up to the hill.


And I took her pictures from the above point, here we go!
She walks up to the other way.


Now she's in the middle of the way (in a red circle).


She's walking up the hill.


She's on the hill waving to me.

At this point, she's around one fourth of the way to the end.

I helped her cutting grasses on our fields this time, and I was again surprised at how hard it was. Grasses were over my height and sometimes 3 inches tree roots stops the machine, and thorns prevented us from going forward.
You can see me cutting grasses in the pic below, and you can also see they are about my height.


Around the end of the path, she said there were so many trees that she had to cut down by hand saw, and for the three times I got surprised how big they were. The pic below is me cutting the trees with a chain saw.


For the two months, she kept cutting all those trees and grasses, and she broke through the path. Now we started opening our fields. We are finally at the starting point to do something creative.

She said sometimes she felt hearing my grand father's voice when she was working on opening the fields. This one picture I took, I'm not sure of whether it is just a light's reflection, but in Japan, some spiritual forks say purple light can be taken when high class spirits appear, so I say this is my grand father from heaven. Hi granpa! (*´▽`*)


At Tsunoshima, we are trying to restore the once abandoned fields.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿